Posts Tagged ‘christmas’
This altered Barbie ornament is available at OVM. She is a unique one of a kind piece.
Her title is Aqua Dream because she is dreamy in my favorite color: aqua. Seriously, her surface is beautiful painted with acrylics and copper leafed and sanded and finished with a strong varnish.
Also available at the museum: Snowflake
Painted with acrylics and gold leafed and sanded and textured, she would look lovely on any Christmas tree! or hanging as a decorative work of art from a hook.
Also at the museum: Carnival of colors! this whimsical mixed media figure is paper mached, painted with acrylics and textured. She also has some puffy yarn about her. There is a wire loop at the back for hanging.
Available at OVA gallery a sweet angel with super pretty pastel yarn for hair :D:
A few more ornaments in the works….
These recent figures appear deceptively simple. There is an intensive process of sanding and re-painting and sanding and re-painting to achieve the organic looking colorations/spots
I had meant to start posting ornaments from my collection, of all handmade, artist made ornaments but I have bee so sick the past week I did not even get started. So. I’ll post three today to make up for lost time and also one that I designed last year for sale in my etsy shop.
This is one available in my shop:
From my collection this one is made by artist “Dolly Gagging”
This one is by artist Diane Redmore Moore:
and this one is by artist Carla Naron:
I do so enjoy my unique ornaments!
These little burglars are easy to make! They are hybrids, I used two different push molds that I made from two different dolls. First I used the body/torso mold and then a separate face mold so that the face will be out of proportion with the body. There are made with paper clay, first dust your push mold with corn starch or flour, I use a fluffy paint brush for this. After your separate pieces have dried attach the head to the torso with more paper clay. when dry, cover with tissue paper and glue of your choice, I use perfect paper adhesive. I gesso’d the faces and painted them with acrylic paint. The fabric wings were purchased at Michaels craft store and adhered to the bodies with e 6000. the wire is left intact so they can be tied to a christmas tree limb and they look very pretty!